Re: Need recommendation for reseller for E1405 keyboard replacement

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Boris, Aug 17, 2009.

  1. Boris

    Boris Guest

    RnR <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:49:56 GMT, "Tom Scales" <>
    > wrote:

    What
    >>> is the safest way to pay for this purchase? Suggestions please.

    >>I just pick a seller with lots of transactions and good feedback.
    >>Nobody with 10K+ transactions is going to be 100% (It's almost always
    >>buyers with less than 10 feedback that are clueless).
    >>
    >>Never been burned on a keyboard.

    > Thanks Tom. Found a seller on Ebay seller with 50k transactions and
    > 99% rating so that sounds like a winner. I'll buy it tomorrow
    > morning.

    I've got a 1405 (I think Tom has a couple, too) whose keyboard sometimes
    doesn't deliver capitals when I use the left shift key. It's still got
    three more years of warranty, so I can get a new one for free, but, I was
    just curious...are the keyboards that much cheaper from a third party
    than from Dell?

    Thanks.

    Boris, Aug 17, 2009