Re: Old CGA Monitor Video Pin???

Discussion in 'IBM' started by steven67@, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. steven67@

    steven67@ Guest

    Joseph Fenn wrote:

    > Which pin on the db9 plug coming out of the old Tandy CGA monitors
    > actually supplies the mono video signal? I understand it will display
    > a mono/chrome very nicely on my Commodore128 computer. Its cord
    > is internally wired, so its not removable, but ends in a DB9 mail
    > plug.
    > Joe (aka kilroy)

    ..

    Information about Tandy monitors, including pinouts, can be here:
    http://www.radioshack.com/ProdSuppo...lIndex.asp?P=support_accessories&D=2511&T=htm

    TinyURL version of the above link: http://tinyurl.com/v64c

    steven67@, Nov 16, 2003

  2. steven67@

    Pen Guest

    None. The CGA monitors worked only with
    RGB video. The old monochromes used the same plug, but used
    video on pin 7, which is unused in the color monitor.
    The 2 monitors used distinct video cards. Monochrome would be
    developed
    on the video card.

    Pen, Nov 16, 2003