Re: Overclocking Noob

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Fishface, Mar 21, 2009.

  1. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    Carl wrote:
    > Hello, could anyone point me in the direction of a good overclocking guide?

    Some people posted their overclocked BIOS settings here:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=57098

    A lot of those settings are for 65 nM CPUs. Personally, I wouldn't try more
    than about 1.4 v vCore for your 45 nM part. A poster with designation "t_ski"
    has the same CPU and motherboard as you, but wouldn't you know he didn't
    post his full BIOS specifications. Some of those guys are a bit insane and
    seem to be in a pissing contest. It may be wise to beware of this potential
    chip killer (high VTT), as some of the guys had this voltage set very high:
    http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=428

    What type of memory do you have?

    Fishface, Mar 21, 2009

  2. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    Carl wrote:

    > Interesting on some of those links that people have flashed the
    > maximus formula bios with that of the rampage- what benefits
    > has this?

    It looks like more BIOS setting options. Couldn't find much specific.
    Maybe check your current options for the tRD setting mentioned here:
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033270910

    But there's also the pretty splash screen and the feeling of having
    gotten something for nothing...

    Fishface, Mar 22, 2009