Re: Overclocking Q6600

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Fishface, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    Random wrote:

    > I've had this processor for a while now, its the one with G0 stepping so
    > overclockable. It used to run it fine at v1.40 core voltage at 3.2ghz by
    > having a 400 fsb and 8 multiplyer, it passed Prime 95 for 2 hours but I noticed the PSU got very hot, so I decided to
    > just run it at stock. It was just a cheap 550w PSU.

    My Q6600 G0 didn't like over 333 MHz in two different motherboards that
    run my E6400 at 8 x 440. There's a lot of current flowing at a low voltage,
    and a substantial voltage drop under load is very common. Frequently, four
    sticks of RAM often won't run as fast as two. Also, I have had two sticks of
    RAM go bad on me with this setup. Checking your memory with a lowered
    multiplier, are we, hmm?

    Fishface, Dec 9, 2008