Re: Question about ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mark Gross, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Mark Gross

    Mark Gross Guest

    This quote from
    http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1251_2.html

    There is support for up to 10 IDE drives (4 SATA, 4 IDE, 2 ATA133), RAID
    0/1, on the P4C800 Deluxe, but ASUS went in for not using the ICH5-R due to
    its current limitations as far as RAID array options and chose to use the
    Promise 20378 RAID controller which supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and
    decided enthusiasts would like the Multiple RAID options of the Promise in
    lieu of Intel's ICH5-R Mode 0 only features. Multi-RAID enables users to
    build a RAID array with any 2, 3 or 4 of the ports. With this unique
    multi-RAID function, RAID 0 and RAID 1 array can co-exist at the same time.
    This is a pretty good feature as you can now have the speed of MODE 0 or
    Striped ARRAY with the continuous backup features of the MODE 1 or Mirroring
    ARRAY for maximum flexibility.

    "Mark Gross" <> wrote in
    message news:O2_Ja.9780$N%...
    > ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
    >
    > This motherboard has both :
    > UltraDMA 100 IDE Controller
    > 2 x UltraDMA 100/66/33
    > Supports 4 IDE devices
    >
    > and
    >
    > Serial ATA
    > 2 x Serial ATA connectors
    > 2 x Serial ATA connectors on Promise Controller
    > Supports 4 devices
    >
    > Can I use 2 Western Digital 250GB ATA/100 harddrives
    > and 52x24x52 CDRW
    > and DVD +r +rw Writer/rewriter hooked up to the UltraDMA 100 IDE

    Controller

    Mark Gross, Jun 25, 2003