Re: Question about ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BNR, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. BNR

    BNR Guest

    I'd avoid hooking up 2 Raptors to the Promise Controller S-ATA.
    I've seen numerous posts about the S-ATA drive on channel 1, out of the blue
    disappearing. This has been reported only on the onboard Promise
    Controller. If you like I can find you the links to people reporting this
    problem.

    "Mark Gross" <> wrote in
    message news:O2_Ja.9780$N%...
    > ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
    >
    > This motherboard has both :
    > UltraDMA 100 IDE Controller
    > 2 x UltraDMA 100/66/33
    > Supports 4 IDE devices
    >
    > and
    >
    > Serial ATA
    > 2 x Serial ATA connectors
    > 2 x Serial ATA connectors on Promise Controller
    > Supports 4 devices
    >
    > Can I use 2 Western Digital 250GB ATA/100 harddrives
    > and 52x24x52 CDRW
    > and DVD +r +rw Writer/rewriter hooked up to the UltraDMA 100 IDE

    Controller

    BNR, Jun 27, 2003