Re: screen blackout

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by BillW50, Oct 15, 2010.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    On 10/14/2010 10:20 PM, bettersd wrote:
    > i just upgraded my memory on a dell inspiron 2650 now the screen doesn't
    > come on is there a reset? any ideas

    Well that computer is about 8 years old. And the lamp for the backlight
    doesn't burn forever. You can check this by shinning a very bright light
    (flashlight, sunlight, etc.) on the screen. And if you can faintly see
    the image, the backlight isn't lit. A number of things can cause this.
    So let us know if you can see the image.

    Another thing, since you just updated the memory... maybe it doesn't
    like it. Can you put the old memory back in and try that?

    Reset? Cannot think of anything except maybe going into the BIOS setup
    (making sure it reports the right amount of RAM) and save and exit. Not
    really useful if you can't see the screen though.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Oct 15, 2010