    installation of the OS - which might not be what you want to do. If there
    are drivers needed, and if you're lucky, the manufacturer might tell you
    how to install them without reinstalling Windows.

    Gene E. Bloch, Jul 1, 2010

  2. Gene E. Bloch

    Char Jackson Guest

    Memory and power supply are possible culprits. Run Memtest86+ to rule
    out memory problems. Memtest86+ is available by itself, or as part of
    the (recommended) Hiren's Boot CD.
    http://www.hirensbootcd.net/download.html

    Char Jackson, Jul 2, 2010

  3. Gene E. Bloch

    noi ance Guest

    Unless I have the problems related to the BIOS upgrades I tend to stay
    away from the updates, mostly because some board BIOS updates are
    specific to a M/B version, and 1 or 2 updates broke something else.
    Backout a bad BIOS update to the original version. More important is
    this looks like a very new and well constructed M/B, I can't imagine it
    would need BIOS upgrade.

    BSOD can occur for 100s of reasons, bad memory, bad/loose PCI card or
    memory chip installation, failing PSU or vga card, high cpu/gsu temps, a
    bad HD or sectors on the HD, etc. Did you look for BSOD messages in the
    event logs? You should set the M/B to optimal settings (basic
    compatibility) for your initial installation.

    Not sure what would be wrong with Multi-processing enabled in BIOS. That
    just means multiple cores running right? My Win7 supports 2 cores now,
    so, I think you should be able to support at least 12 cores with Hyper-
    Threading, unless you're installing Win7 Basic.

    noi ance, Jul 2, 2010