Re: Warranty after replacement ?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Joe Bob Brigg, Jun 28, 2008.

  1. >
    > I agree - and told him to call HP directly. There's got to be a way of
    > changing BestBuy's warranty records with HP. In fact, I would assume
    > that HP only knows that warranty# 123456 is valid - or maybe -
    > assigned to Best Buy: not that it is yet associated with " John Smith"
    > until John Smith registers.
    >
    > UNLESSSSS Bestbuy keeps the cash - uses their Geek Squad for repair
    > calls - and never notifies HP at all ?? Just speculation as I've
    > never used their warranties, but it would be one way to justify
    > in-house repairs.

    Best Buy has been caught defrauding the public in multiple ways and
    instances. Your friend should be more insistant and complain up the chain
    of command of Best Buy (ie, dept manager-store manager-corporate office.)
    If he doesn't get satisfaction he should contact the state's attorney and
    go to the Better Business web page and file a complaint. Usually, by time
    I've reached that stage and they've been contacted by the BB and/or AG,
    they are ready to jump through hoops to rectify the problem.

    Joe Bob

    Joe Bob Brigg, Jun 28, 2008