Re: Wide open question on Motherboard

Discussion in 'Intel' started by neon, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. neon

    neon Guest

    I've been through a slew of Asus & Abit boards. These last few years, the
    Abit boards bite the dust after a year (no overclocking). After switching
    over to Intel boards I discovered what "troublefree" computing was all
    about. I've had great success with their D815 and D845 series of boards,
    and am looking forward to getting a D875 based solution topped off with a
    nice 3ghz 800mhz FSB HT enabled Processor. My present D845PEBT2 is a real
    performer with 100% stability. I also love their bios flash
    method......download the file, run it from within windows, reboot....and
    play.
    My AMD experience has been great with MSI.

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I have built a few AMD systems. I have always used epox motherboards and
    > been very satisfied. I had read at some time though they built a better
    > motherboard for AMD than pentium. I am thinking of building my first

    pentium
    > system. I guess everything will be very similar except mounting of heat
    > sink. I know this is a wide open question, but I was not sure what the
    > overall opinions were on a very stable motherboard for a pentium, Looked

    at
    > intel, asus, epox, any other suggestions would be helpful. THinking of
    > building a P4 system and get the chip with hyperthreading. Anything else

    You

    neon, Jun 25, 2003