    the "showenvironment" stuff like you can on the console. I need a
    way to read the temperature programmatically. Any ideas??

    Please remove the "nospam" from my address if responding via email.

    Jeff Wieland, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Jeff Wieland

    John Howells Guest

    You can do it by extracting the data from:

    /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240/sbin/prtdiag -v

    but is *MUCH* less convenient than the "lom" output!

    John Howells

    John Howells, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Jeff Wieland

    Jeff Wieland Guest

    By golly, there it is!

    Temperature sensors:
    Location Sensor Temperature Lo LoWarn HiWarn Hi Status
    MB T_ENC 24C -3C 5C 40C 48C okay
    MB/P0 T_CORE 60C - - 110C 115C okay
    MB/P1 T_CORE 60C - - 110C 115C okay
    PS0 FF_OT - - - - - okay
    PS1 FF_OT - - - - - okay

    Nope, not as convenient as lom, but I can script around that.
    Thanks!

    Jeff Wieland, Feb 27, 2004