    sharp display?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    It appears the same configuration on a 5100 cost several hundred dollars
    more.
    Mike

    Mike, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Mike

    Pud Knocker Guest

    Yes, there is a noticeable difference between Dell's "value" monitors and
    the Ultrasharp's. Definitely get the Ultrasharp. The whole time you use a
    computer, you are looking at the monitor.

    Pud Knocker, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Makes sense to me.

    Any comments on the difference between the 4700 and the 5100?

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Mike

    Gary K. Guest

  6. Mike

    Gray Ghost Guest

    Mike,

    From the links provded by Gary...

    5100 has a newer chipset, it runs at a faster speed on the FSB. The PCI
    version is another revision.

    So basically what's the short and the skinny of it? Faster FSB, which means
    the use of faster RAM.

    -gg-

    Gray Ghost, Aug 14, 2005
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi Gary, I suspect for my buddy's use the 4700 will be fine.

    Mike, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    The PC/monitor is going to be used by someone who hasn't used a in thirteen
    years.
    The 20" wide screen is appealing, but i don't the user to struggle with
    screen size.
    Is the 20" trouble free - true plug and pray?

    Mike'

    Mike, Aug 16, 2005