    for 57e?
    What's of the two is faster, and how much?
    Thank you

    Willy TP, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Willy TP

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I've heard horrible things about the 7000's performance. Not only that,
    but I think it's only a DirectX 7 part, whereas the 9200SE has DirectX 8.1
    support. I have a 128MB Asus Radeon 9200SE in my second computer, which
    is an AMD Athlon XP 2500+. There's no doubt that the 9200SE is a slow
    card, even NHL 2003 at 800x600 resolution and details turned up high (but
    not absolutely full) stutters a little here and there. It never becomes
    unplayable or even remotely close to such, but we're talking about a game
    this is close to 2 years old now. I know you don't intend to play games
    on the computer in question, but I think it's worth spending the extra 17e
    if only to provide a better foundation and to give a bit of extra
    headroom. For playing back DVD video, I've had great success with the
    9200SE, no problems.

    NightSky 421, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Willy TP

    Gordon Scott Guest

    SE = suckers edition

    get an 8500, it will blow both away.

    Gordon Scott, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Willy TP

    Greg Guest

    Just put a used 7000 in my son's computer. $15 on eBay and it works great.
    Running Windoze XP, it plays DVD's and does all "office tasks" well.

    Greg, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Willy TP

    Sleepy Guest

    for Office Applications and Videos (mpegs and avis)
    either card will do fine - for games both are shite.

    Sleepy, Jul 6, 2004