    DVD and photo editing.
    Tnanks in advance
    Immi

    vot, Feb 9, 2004

  2. vot

    Wes Newell Guest

    I'm wondering how you got PC2700 ram into a MB that doesn't support it.
    You could just upgrade the CPU. See link below.

    Wes Newell, Feb 9, 2004

  3. vot

    vot Guest

    You are right; my mistake; I went back and checked, it's PC133 RAM. Oops!
    But from what you say, I could just pop in a faster processor? What would
    you recommend? I need the extra speed for my DVD/Photo applications.

    Thanks in advance

    Immi

    vot, Feb 10, 2004
  5. vot

    Wes Newell Guest

    Did you read the link in my sig line. If not do so. It should answer most
    of your questions. You need a cpu that isn't internally locked since you
    are limited to a 100MHz FSB, otherwise you won't be able to get the max
    speed out of it. A a 2100+ Tbred B core would be the easiest. It must be a
    B core to get max. If you don't mind cutting a couple of L3 bridges, then
    any Tbred B core like a 1700+ would also work.
    Your board uses the KT133 chipset, read stuff below.

    Wes Newell, Feb 10, 2004
  6. vot

    Erez Volach Guest

    Erez Volach, Feb 11, 2004
  7. vot

    Wes Newell Guest

    You're only stuck with 1400Mhz if you want to be stuck with it. IOW's
    that's BS. I heard all that crap from abit and others about my KT133
    chipst board too a couple of years ago. "It only supports 100Mhz FSB so
    you can't run an XP". Only took a day to prove that wrong. Then they said
    it wouldn't run Tbreds.:) Then Bartons.:) all bs.

    So tell me why it won't run an XP. And forget FSB speed. That doesn't
    matter. I'd suggest you read the stuff in the link below before you reply.

    Wes Newell, Feb 11, 2004
  8. vot

    und zen Guest

    Where can I find a TBred 2100+ B-core and what serial number should I look
    for?

    TIA

    Immi

    und zen, Feb 11, 2004
  9. vot

    Wes Newell Guest

    You're looking for a stepping of AIUHB (or ends with a B, like xxxxB)and
    to be safe and make sure it's not locked a week code of 0333 or earlier.
    Might try newegg. You'll probably haver to contact them for comfirmation
    or find someone willing to trade. A 2400+ with week code 0333 or earlier
    should work too. Actually, any of the earlier week code cpu will work as
    long as they are a Tbred B core or Barton core. Depnding on your MB. you
    may have to use the pinmod to set the high multiplier if it doesn't have
    user settings.

    Wes Newell, Feb 11, 2004