    pattern on when and under what condition it would definitly do that.

    Have you seen something like that and know of a solution?

    Thanks,

    liu, Nov 4, 2008

  2. liu

    Adrian C Guest

    Go to Control Panel, click the System icon.

    In the 'System Properties' dialog that opens, click the 'Advanced' tab.

    Click the 'Setting' button under 'Startup and Recovery'.

    In the 'Startup and Recovery' dialog that opens, under 'System Failure'
    clear the tick in 'Automatically Restart'.

    Next time your machine fails you will see a blue screen. Get a digital
    camera and take a sharp picture of that then do some googling for the cause.

    And, make sure that Windows XP is at least SP2 or later.

    Adrian C, Nov 4, 2008

  3. liu

    liu Guest

    That works. It does not reboot by itself anymore. Thanks for the help.

    liu, Nov 7, 2008
  4. liu

    liu Guest

    There is something wrong with the system. If I keep it idle for a long
    time (maybe over 20 mins), it will not reboot but it freezes. status
    light is on, but nothing happens when trying to wake it up (by pushing
    the on button, Ctl-alt-del). I have to unplug the power and turn it on
    in order to use it. As long as it has some activities; e.g.,
    bittorrent download overnight, it won't freeze.

    liu, Nov 16, 2008