    CD/DVD Burning apps located on the restore CDs?

    Thank you,
    ~alan

    ~~Alan~~, Jul 3, 2006

  2. ~~Alan~~

    Tom Scales Guest

    The order of install of drivers is:

    1) Chipset drivers
    2) Everything else

    As for Sonic, it is quite possible that Dell's license with Sonic only
    allows it to be pre-installed on the image. Don't know, but quite possible.
    The $10 check box is ONLY for the OS CD.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 3, 2006

  3. ~~Alan~~

    Ben Myers Guest

    A couple of added comments:

    If the E510 has an SATA drive, it may be necessary to load the SATA drivers
    early on in the installation process. Otherwise, the motherboard chipset
    drivers provide an absolutely mandatory baseline necessary prior to the
    installation of any other hardware drivers. This is a hard-and-fast rule in
    the wonderful world of Windows. Also, be prepared to reboot the system many
    times, both for the initial install and the download of all the band-aids from
    the Microsoft web site to plug some of the multitude of security holes.

    Sonic may be available as a download from the Dell web site. CDBurnerXPPro is
    a suitable free substitute capable of most CD and DVD burning tasks... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 3, 2006
  4. ~~Alan~~

    Jay B Guest

    the newest computers i received this week shipped for the first time
    with a nice cd labeled
    sonic digital media plus v7
    which seem to be a full install of all the sonic software.

    Jay B, Jul 4, 2006
  5. ~~Alan~~

    ~~Alan~~ Guest

    Thanks All for your suggestions.

    I just contacted Dell and not only am I missing the Sonic Apps CD, but also,
    the modem CD. They are sending me the missing CDs

    ~alan

    ~~Alan~~, Jul 5, 2006
  6. ~~Alan~~

    ~~Alan~~ Guest

    I asked Dell about SATA drivers for the E510. Their official answer is that
    Special drivers are not needed if you restore from the build-in restore or
    from the DELL OEM Reinstallation CD/DVD.
    ~alan

    ~~Alan~~, Jul 5, 2006
  7. ~~Alan~~

    Ben Myers Guest

    Then the Dell OEM reinstall CD/DVD has the SATA drivers slip-streamed onto it.
    You hope. Possibly the later media center edition has them built in by
    Micro$oft. I do not know. I am too backward to have tinkered with Windows
    MCE... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 5, 2006
  8. ~~Alan~~

    Tom Scales Guest

    MCE does not.
    Dell MCE does

    Tom Scales, Jul 5, 2006
  9. ~~Alan~~

    Ben Myers Guest

    Slip-streamed. Definitely a good deed to Dell owners. Spoken like a true
    Dellbot, huh? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 5, 2006
  10. ~~Alan~~

    Hank Arnold Guest

    I would download the drivers and have them ready just in case.....

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jul 5, 2006
  11. ~~Alan~~

    ~~Alan~~ Guest

    ....and that's why I'm doing this research before I get into trouble

    ~~Alan~~, Jul 5, 2006