receive multiple application faults with K7ME

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by scott.laser, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. scott.laser

    scott.laser Guest

    I am receiving sporadic application faults with applications such a
    WinAmp, AOL IM, and Windows Explorer on my K7ME based computer.

    Example

    Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.1.1.117, faulting modul
    winamp.exe, version 5.1.1.117, fault address 0x000047fc

    In addition I cannot install Linux OS.

    I have installed
    1) the latest BIOS.
    2 an AMD Sempron processor
    3) XP Home with all update
    4) One stick of RAM (512Meg
    5) Basic CD driv
    6) No video car

    Any suggestions why these faults occur? Is the motherboar
    incompatible with Linux (Fedora)

    Thanks in advance for your help

    Scott Lase

    scott.laser, Oct 22, 2005