    I have a Voodoo 3 3000 agp(16mb) in it now, what would be a good
    replacement for Video playback and pictures, not into gaming. Some one
    said not to put larger than 32mb card.

    wally chambe, Apr 23, 2004

  2. wally chambe

    Kylesb Guest

    An ATI Radeon 7000 model card will give you great hardware accelerated
    video playback.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Apr 23, 2004

  3. wally chambe

    farmuse Guest

    another good choice is a ATI Rage Fury Pro, excellent 2D and DVD
    playpack, VIVO, 32 MB; bet you can find a good one on ebay for $30

    farmuse, Apr 23, 2004
  4. A Geforce4 MX 420 works nicely in a VA-503A. Beautiful DVD playback with
    PowerDVD 4/XP on a K6-III 350.

    Alex Zorrilla, Apr 25, 2004
  5. wally chambe

    Brad Clarke Guest

    That's a 4X card. Will it work in a 503+ (I thought only 1X & 2X cards
    would work in a 503+)

    Thanks...Brad

    Brad Clarke, Jul 10, 2004
  6. wally chambe

    Kylesb Guest

    Some cards are backward compatible with agp2x (iow, they work in 2x
    mode) just as my 8x vid card worked quite well in my agp4x mobo, but
    don't trust my comments, have a look on the ATI website to obtain
    further info. I do know my bud used a Radeon 7000 in a mvp3 chipset
    mobo (Soyo 5ehm) and I've used an original "Radeon 32meg" in my 5ehm
    with nary a problem.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Jul 11, 2004
  7. wally chambe

    Brad Clarke Guest

    ATI site says:

    "AGP 2.0 Compliant BUS - AGP 2X (3.3V), AGP 4X (1.5V), or AGP2X/4X based
    systems, PCI 2.2 compliant - PCI-33 and PCI-66, or Universal PCI based
    systems "

    It looks like it will work.

    It's for my Linux machine, which may be reverted back to a W2K machine.
    My main PCs video card is a lowly 4 MB ATI Rage Pro II and the machine
    is pretty fussy about which cards will work with it (no AGP slot), so I
    may turn the 503+ system into my multimedia box.

    Brad Clarke, Jul 12, 2004