    Thanks
    Visit <A HREF="http://www.zona-pellucida.com">The Art of Parenting through
    Art</A> for fine art, stories, essays and quotations about children

    Deod, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Deod

    Charlie Guest

    How much faster? Check out these Thinkpads:

    http://www.stores.ebay.com/ibmauthorizedauctions

    Charlie, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Newer TPs are just as silent. My X24 is, at least.

    Peter

    Peter T. Breuer, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Deod

    Ray Jenkins Guest

    My older laptops -- first a Toshiba T1960CT and then a Fujitsu 635TX -- are
    almost silent. In fact, I don't think they even had fans, although I've
    never had heat problems in 10 years.

    Then I got an HP Pavilion ze5375us and it makes darn near as much noise as a
    desktop. That's one feature I don't like about my new laptop, so if it's
    noise that bothers you, I'd scratch that one from consideration.

    Ray Jenkins, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Deod

    marlinspike Guest

    Then I got an HP Pavilion ze5375us and it makes darn near as much noise as
    Have you tried getting one of those cooling pad things that keep the laptop
    elevated? I've found that when I put my 5373 on my right leg, so that the
    vents on the left part of the bottom are not blocked, the fan stays at a
    fairly quiet speed.
    Richard

    marlinspike, Jul 31, 2003
  6. Deod

    adias angel Guest

    I have a chembook 2050 with the Moblie processor and I love it (paid
    $1450 with all the upgrades and shipping). It runs so quite and cool.
    I would think that all of the centino setups would run like this but
    I don't know that for sure.

    Hope this help, Carla :)

    adias angel, Aug 1, 2003
  7. Deod

    Peter Guest

    I'm not sure, but is the Transmeta CPU an alternative to centrino
    technology?
    (in consideration to loudness!)
    There are notebooks from Elitegroup (Desknote).
    Does anybody know which notebook makes no sound with the fan or which
    notebook has no fan installed?

    Peter, Aug 28, 2003
  8. Deod

    W. Scholz Guest

    I use a Fujitsu Siemens Liteline Celeron 700 notebook which I could
    buy cheaply as it is a bit older. It makes almost no noise.

    The older the notebook the lesser the noise ...

    Regards, Werner

    PS.: You can upgrade such an old fashioned notebook very cheaply to
    state of the art with a USB 2.0 PC card for example. Mine is fully
    state of the art with 3 USB ports, wireless lan and and and ...

    W. Scholz, Aug 29, 2003