    Also, I recall seeing devices that plugged into the battery port that is
    a solar panel. Anyone know where to find one?

    Thanks.

    Obadiah, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Obadiah

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Based on my experience with cell phone modems, might you be asking for
    an oxymoron?
    If you want something serious, these folks might be able to help:
    http://www.gosolar.u-net.com/Portable_solar_power_systems.htm

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Obadiah

    E Brown Guest

    Not without knowing your provider. I'm pretty happy with Verizon
    ExpressNet Unlimited (though I think it's called something else now).
    I use that with an Aircard 555 from Sierra Wireless. Web surfing is
    faster than dial-up, but lag times make e-mail and news slower than
    they ought to be. Nowhere near the performance of WiFi.
    Emanuel

    E Brown, Aug 7, 2004