Recommendations with these bare minimum requirements

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Steven Shelikoff, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for laptop recommendations for one that has these minimum
    requirements:

    Processor Pentium 1.8GHz
    Memory: 256 MB
    Video ram: 8 MB
    Screen:: 14.1" TFT 1024x768
    Pointer: touchpad
    Disks: 40GB HD, 3.5" Floppy (bootable), CDRW/DVD combo (bootable)
    (floppy and CD could share a bay.)
    Ports: 2 USB 2.0, 1 parallel, 1 serial, 1 IR, 1 SVGA
    Ability to add additional ports (keyboard/mouse/composite
    video/s-video/firewire) via port replicator or docking station

    Obviously, more is better in terms of processing power, system memory,
    video memory, screen size and resolution (which would requre more video
    ram), etc. But I'd like to keep the price under $1300. Or under $1500
    if the CDRW/DVD combo drive is replaced with one that adds DVD-RW.

    Anyone have any recommendations? It's been hard for me to find one that
    has all of the ports I need without using a port replicator.

    Steve

    Steven Shelikoff, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Steven Shelikoff

    Joe Guest

    I am not sure if this will help but here is a Website: http://www.ezlaptop.com/?ref=4530

    Sony Vaio Laptop, 60GB Hard Drive, 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, DVD/CD-RW Drive, Windows
    XP Home

    Your asking yourself "How can I receive a laptop for $5?" Well you simply
    pay the $5 membership fee to start enjoying all our features! After you activate
    your account you will receive an e-mail from us either 1, 2, or 3 times a
    week. (Depending what you have chosen upon sign-up.) Inside the e-mail there
    will be a link to click after our ad and you gain credits into your EZLaptop
    account! Once you receive so many credits you receive your laptop absolutely
    FREE!

    Joe, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Steven Shelikoff

    Andrew Guest

    : I'm looking for laptop recommendations for one that has these minimum
    : requirements:

    : Processor Pentium 1.8GHz
    : Memory: 256 MB
    : Video ram: 8 MB
    : Screen:: 14.1" TFT 1024x768
    : Pointer: touchpad
    : Disks: 40GB HD, 3.5" Floppy (bootable), CDRW/DVD combo (bootable)
    : (floppy and CD could share a bay.)
    : Ports: 2 USB 2.0, 1 parallel, 1 serial, 1 IR, 1 SVGA
    : Ability to add additional ports (keyboard/mouse/composite
    : video/s-video/firewire) via port replicator or docking station

    I think Fujitsu still makes laptops with serial ports. Many other
    manufacturers do not include serial ports on their laptops anymore,
    though you can try to find a PC Card (aka PCMCIA) adaptor to add
    ports.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Steven Shelikoff

    Cosmin N. Guest

    Spam. And on top of that, you'll be out $5.

    Cosmin

    Cosmin N., Dec 20, 2003