    'Improve Battery Health' button that automates this procedure. Am I blind
    or does my Thinkpad X21 not support this feature?

    Thanks.

    zip, May 25, 2005

  2. zip

    georgie Guest

    I have a T23 and don't have the 'Improve Battery Health' button, either. It
    would be nice... However, I have had minimal success with completely
    discharging the battery by turning off all power saving features and alarms
    while running on only battery. The computer just powers off when the
    battery is drained.

    The next step is to power on the computer around 20 times. It'll do a
    partial startup, and power off each time. This drains the battery even
    more.

    The final step is to plug in the powercord and wait overnight to completely
    recharge the battery.

    It's actually recommended, somewhere on IBM's website, to run thru this
    process three times.

    georgie, May 26, 2005

  3. zip

    Dan Guest

    PC Doctor software from IBM's site has a battery drain feature that might be
    helpful. Interesting, but I also found on the site that deep discharging
    Lithion Ion batteries can be harmful to them.

    As I understand it, it is better to cycle the batteries several times as you
    have described when they are new.

    Dan, May 27, 2005