Reconnecting Wireless Nic after return from "Standby" mode ?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Etop Udoh, Nov 12, 2006.

  1. Etop Udoh

    Etop Udoh Guest

    how do you get a Wireless Nic card to reconnect to the network after
    returning from "Standby". Do I have to enable or disable the card's
    power management ?

    I have the settings for it to automatically connect to the last
    network it was on but that doesn't seem to work.

    Sometimes the wireless nic is not even detected after the return from
    standby mode.

    In either case, the computer seems to "crawl" after the return from
    standby mode, and seems unstable. I can see it looking for a network
    connection or device "wireless in this case", but that's about it....

    Would a desktop wireless nic card be different ?

    | Etop Udoh | Http://www.geocities.com/sdruid11 |
    | P.O. Box 1054| Http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/sdruid |
    |Snellville, Ga| Http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-sdruid |
    | 30078 | Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122 |
    |--------------| Http://home.earthlink.net/~sdruid11 |
    | A+ Certified Net+ Certified |
    | \/ \/ |
    | | ||
    | !! ..........Peace and Love to All......... !! |

    Etop Udoh, Nov 12, 2006