    USB audio devices plugged in at once and record from all of them into
    a multitrack audio program at the same time? Is this limited only by
    the recording software? Where can I go for more information?

    Jon, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Jon

    Crimson Liar Guest

    I'm not aware of any software that would allow you to do this. It is
    however possible using a "professional" multi-input soundcard that supports
    ASIO drivers and suitable software.

    regards where to look - this is not really my speciality, but just putting
    "multichannel recording pc" into any good search engine should pull up more
    than enough links.

    Crimson Liar

    Crimson Liar, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Ok. I've figured out that this is possible in Cool Edit 1.2a and 2.1.
    I can record from both the internal sound card's audio device and
    from an external USB audio device on separate tracks simultaneously.
    So it looks like it is only limited by the software; both devices are
    independently accessible. If anyone knows other software which allows
    this or does not, and whether it works like this on a macintosh as
    well (core audio?), please let me know.

    Jon, Nov 6, 2004