Recovery disk needed for Gateway M465

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Mike Schloss, Mar 23, 2011.

  1. Mike Schloss

    Mike Schloss Guest

    An organization that I am affiliated has received five Gateway M465
    laptops and I have been assigned the task of making these systems
    operational.
    The systems had been scrubbed so there is no recovery area on the
    drive. I have contacted Gateway and been informed that recovery media
    for these
    systems is no longer available since they are more than three years
    old (thanks Microsoft). I would like to know if anyone has recovery
    media available
    for the M465 so as to be able to restore the systems. The license
    keys on the COAs appear to still be valid. In the mean time I have
    installed XP SP3
    and have gotten the systems to work but I have had no luck find the
    driver for the SM Bus Controller. If anyone could send me a pointer
    to where the
    driver for XP/32 is available it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    Mike

    Mike Schloss, Mar 23, 2011

  2. Mike Schloss

    BillW50 Guest

    I have six Gateway M465 laptops myself. Although I don't have a
    recovery disc for any of them either. And while I don't really have a
    need for any, it still would be nice to have one and I have been looking
    for years.

    And all of this time, the only ones I can find is once in awhile you can
    find a complete M465 with a recovery disc being sold on eBay. But they
    are not cheap so I never bothered.

    And the driver you are looking for is called:

    Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA

    This is part of the chipset drivers. And they are found at:

    http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?partNumber=1008667

    BillW50, Mar 23, 2011