Recovery partition of Thinkpad T23 > making recovery CD out of it?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Slashed Zero, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Slashed Zero

    Slashed Zero Guest

    I know there have been numerous treads about this, but as I've only just
    gotten my Thinkpad T23, I've missed them all... This laptop has a recovery
    partition (that I think can be readily accessed with fdisk and is not really
    'hidden' or anything) which can be used to restore the laptop to factory
    software installation, including Win2000 in my case. The recovery can be
    started by pressing F11 at the start of the boot.

    The question is quite simple: how do I go about creating a recovery CD based
    on this partition? I would like to be able to restore the harddisk to
    just-out-of-factory state, but I also want to reclaim the 2 or 3 gigs I'm
    losing by having this recovery partition present (the drive's only 20gigs in
    total). I can get my hands on Norton Ghost from the university I work at,
    but have never used it though. If I get rid of the recovery partition on the
    hard disk, will this upset my Thinkpad (i.e. what will happen if I press F11
    at startup, etc)?

    Help very much appreciated! (And thanks for the many kind replies to my
    previous questions!)
    SZ.

    Slashed Zero, Jan 15, 2004