red company versus green company

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Nada, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. Nada

    Nada Guest

    Nada, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Nada

    ccs Guest

    Ever see ATI run Doom3? LOL. A $299 NVIDIA 6800 NU beats an ATI$499 XT PE.

    Go away troll.

    ccs, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Nada

    Nada Guest

    Que? I thought that was an excellent comparison of graphics cards
    with variety of games. And no, I've never seen either ATI or nVidia
    run "Doom 3".

    Nada, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Nada

    deimos Guest

    Well I have.

    Right here, right now, running Doom 3 on both my GFX 5600 256MB and a
    Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB. On fairly equivalent systems, my 5600 completely
    blows away the 9600 Pro on both medium and high quality settings.

    I've optimized and configured the 9600 system by now to run it fairly
    well though. Running at medium settings with a few tweaks to the
    registry and some lowered mipmap and lod did the trick -- as well as
    overclocking the card substantially and the system FSB.

    deimos, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Nada

    Nada Guest

    Nvidia's warehouse for shadows is deeper than Batman's cave, which is
    likely the reason why it likes Nvidia cards. Just wish they'd drop
    down the prices for basic 6800 models.

    Nada, Aug 4, 2004