    any idea?
    thank you

    david

    dave, May 13, 2005

  2. dave

    measekite Guest

    Return the cart. It may have an electrical problem. Get another and
    test. If the problem persists then do a complete uninstall of the print
    driver and reboot before reinstalling the driver. If you still have the
    problem then use a different document. If you then still have the
    problem you may have a short in one of the circuit boards in the printer.

    measekite, May 13, 2005

  3. dave

    tomcas Guest

    It's very unlikely a driver problem or windows problem. Most likely you
    have an intermittent cartridge ink supply. Test it by printing the tri
    color page on this link-
    http://www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/primerpages.html

    tomcas, May 14, 2005
  4. dave

    Jay Guest

    HP always says never to touch the copper contacts on the cartridges with
    your fingers, but I would swab those contacts with a Q-Tip laden with C-L-R
    or some other anti-corrosive, as well as the ones in the print cartridge
    carrier inside the printer (after unplugging it first :} ).

    If it's a corroded contact, that should clean it up. If it still isn't
    working, return the cartridge for a replacement.

    Jay, May 16, 2005