    many chips are on top), it looks shorter (about the length of the 128MB
    models) and doesn't have the universal AGP connector. Anyone have any info
    on this thing? The price seems reasonable...

    Shiranui Gen-An, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Shiranui Gen-An

    Martin Guest

    I wish Newegg would open up a stall in dear old blighty...

    Martin

    Martin, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Shiranui Gen-An

    Andrew Cole Guest

    Read the note guys it says -

    Please note: due to manufacturer version updates, pictures may vary from the
    actual item. Newer versions of this item may be shipped before the picture
    shown is updated.

    - as do most on-line shops, pictures mean very little.

    Andi.

    Andrew Cole, Feb 1, 2004
  4. :>Read the note guys it says -
    :>
    :>Please note: due to manufacturer version updates, pictures may vary from the
    :>actual item. Newer versions of this item may be shipped before the picture
    :>shown is updated.
    :>
    :>- as do most on-line shops, pictures mean very little.
    :>
    :>Andi.

    Yep, and if you're lucky like me, the Sapphire in the picture will
    turn out to be "ATI Built" like the Sapphire 9700 Pro I bought from
    Newegg right after they were released about a year and a half ago. I
    found this out when the card died about 2 weeks ago. I went to the
    ATI site, plugged in the part number and it came back as "ATI Built"
    instead of "Powered by ATI". The card did come in a white box with
    Sapphire software so I don't know if Sapphire screwed up, if Newegg
    screwed up, or if Sapphire ran out of "Powered by" cards and sent
    Newegg "ATI Built" cards (which they manufacture for ATI) to fill out
    an order. Oh yeah, and it had an ATI sticker on the fan instead of a
    Sapphire sticker that was in the picture on the website. In any case
    ATI is replacing it under warranty. I bought an "ATI Built" 9800 Pro
    to replace it for my "game" system and as soon as I get the
    replacement 9700 Pro back from ATI it will go in my "work" system
    replacing the Geforce 3 Ti500 that is in there now.

    Oscar

    Oscar T Grouch, Feb 3, 2004
  5. On closer inspection the PCB appears to be the same as that of the
    9800XT...I wonder if these are XTs that wouldn't run reliably at the XT
    speeds and so are downclocked to 9800 Pro speeds...

    Shiranui Gen-An, Feb 6, 2004