    case I do, where can I find the exact ones for my
    chipset?

    Thanks in advance, should I recieve any helpful advice.

    Dommy, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Dommy

    phobos Guest

    The newest driver have a built in refresh rate forcer. It can override
    any refresh rate in any resolution. It does it for both accelerated and
    2d modes.

    phobos, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Dommy

    jeffc Guest

    Yeah, maybe. Or it could be your monitor's fault. There are basically 3
    things involved here:
    - resolution
    - refresh rate
    - number of colors
    Your video card, your driver, and your monitor must all be synch to support
    whatever combination of 3 you're using. They might all support your desktop
    combination, but when you enter the game, the number of colors jumps, and
    the combination can't be handled.

    jeffc, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Dommy

    pudj Guest

    pudj, Nov 12, 2003
  5. 60Hz is the 2K/XP default refresh rate. When you run JK3 you're switching
    from 2D to OpenGL, so XP switches the rate to 60Hz (as you have only defined
    100Hz from the desktop properties for 2D, and maybe you've set the DirectX
    override which doesn't apply to OpenGL apps/games). With the latest drivers
    you can set an override to force OGL to use say 100Hz at 800x600. With older
    drivers you could use either Reforce (http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/) or
    RefreshLock (http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/) to manage the OpenGL
    overriding for you (I use RefreshLock as Reforce didn't seem to work
    properly with the 42.70 drivers I'm running). These tools allow you to set a
    global refresh rate for each resolution you run at (so 2D, OpenGL, and
    DirectX are covered).

    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Dommy

    R.V. Gronoff Guest

    Dommy a écrit:
    Try this little utility:
    http://520010296761-0001.bei.t-online.de/prog/nvfixsfx.exe

    R.V. Gronoff, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Dommy

    Billy_Bat Guest

    I tried that one, and it worked quite fine for some games. Others, (BF1942)
    just wouldn't run. They would start and then just crash back to desktop. If
    I removed it, things went back to normal. It assured that I wouldn't spend
    too much time playing games... :(
    Good Luck!
    BB

    Billy_Bat, Nov 16, 2003
  8. To get BF1942 to work properly with a refresh rate tool you need to edit the
    videodefault.con file and change renderer.allowallrefreshrates to 1. If you
    don't then BF crashes out when the utility overrides the refresh rate. Not
    the nicest bit of coding there, but at least it has a workaround. You'll
    also then find that the BF resolution list now has rates too (so instead of
    1024x768 you should see [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc).

    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Nov 17, 2003
  9. Dommy

    Billy_Bat Guest

    Hey, thanks for the heads up! I just hope it doesn't lead to a divorce!
    BB

    Billy_Bat, Nov 17, 2003
  10. Heh, I know the feeling - I managed to get onto the DesertCombat testing
    team, and then met a woman, now I have to try and work out how to balance
    the two. At the moment DC is losing out, but I squeeze it in if I can get
    away with it ;)

    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Nov 18, 2003