    moment.
    Will i be able to send this to Abit for a replacement, and will there be a
    cost other than shipping it to them?

    Spaceman, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Spaceman wrote:

    | My motherboard has died completely, and i'm not sure what could
    | have been the cause of it. I am proficient with computers, and still
    | have not been able to figure the problem out. My only conclusion is
    | that the board has failed for whatever reason.
    | My question is, can I return this board to Abit for a replacement? I
    | purchased the board at newegg.com in april of 2004. I have the
    | invoice still present in my email. The board is sitting in it's original
    | box at the moment.
    | Will i be able to send this to Abit for a replacement, and will there
    | be a cost other than shipping it to them?

    Abit's United States warranty is two years (complete parts and labor), plus
    a third year, where you have to pay $25.00 to help defray the labor costs
    involved in the repair/replacement.

    Visit Abit's eRma page .. https://rma.abit-usa.com/ .. to start the return
    process.

    Jef

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Spaceman

    Al Kaufmann Guest

    My truck died, you think I can send it back to Ford for a replacement?
    Has anyone seen pigs fly yet?

    Al Kaufmann, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Spaceman

    Spaceman Guest

    maybe you should buy a chevy next time. i've seen pigs fly

    Spaceman, Oct 16, 2005
  5. Spaceman

    abc Guest

    Well you can get it fixed under warranty can't you?

    Same deal.

    If it was cheaper to replace your truck than repair it what do you think
    Ford would do?

    abc, Oct 16, 2005
  6. Spaceman

    Al Kaufmann Guest

    I think their motherboards have a three year warranty and I hear their
    RMA service is good. Good Luck!

    Ak

    Al Kaufmann, Oct 16, 2005
  7. Spaceman

    Heimdall Guest

    I have the same mobo buy version 2.0. One of the memory slots went bad and
    took out a 512mb DDR ram stick. Computer will still boot up and go into
    windows fine. Only think I can really do in serf the internet and very
    simple stuff. It just wont let me play any games at all while using that
    mobo.

    I called Abit for a replacement and told them about the problem with it.
    They told me it's a 3 year on it. I told them I dont have the box or a
    available static bag for it on hand. Guy told them dont worry about that,
    just throw it in a box and ship it to us. Right now I got laid off from work
    since owner sold the store. Just got to wait till I got the extra cash to
    ship it in.

    Heimdall, Oct 17, 2005