Regarding UART(UART is printing infinite times, though not used any loops)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by ravikumar.n, May 30, 2005.

  1. ravikumar.n

    ravikumar.n Guest

    Respected Experts,
    I am Ravi Kumar.N. I am using 386EX processor for
    one of my application. This processor has an inbuilt UART. I have
    configured the UART and it is printing the things whatever I want to
    print but, it is printing the things infinite times though I have not
    used any loops.

    For Eg: If I try to print any string like "xyz". It prints the string
    "xyz" infinite times. Thus the same string will be printed infinite
    times.

    Note: I have not placed the print statement inside any loops. Even so,
    printing is taking place infinite times. I have disabled all the
    interupts.

    What could be the reason for this?

    With Regards,
    Ravi Kumar.N

    ravikumar.n, May 30, 2005

  2. ravikumar.n

    Jack Klein Guest

    There is something wrong with your code, either the driver for the
    UART itself, or your code that sends data to the UART. Unless you
    show us the code, we have no idea what is wrong with it.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, May 30, 2005