Registry fix for DirectX problems

Discussion in 'ATI' started by PhilT, Apr 17, 2009.

  1. PhilT

    PhilT Guest

    Having problems with DirectX?
    No options to enable DirectDraw within DxDiag?
    Installed all the latest drivers?
    Still not working?

    This worked for me ...

    The problem 'may' be due to DirectDraw acceleration being disabled. In
    my case this probably occured when a remote desktop package was
    installed.

    To check if it has been disabled, look in the registry for ...
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\DCI
    Timeout=0

    If it is, try setting Timeout to 7 and then switch graphics modes (or
    reboot).
    This will enable DirectDraw acceleration.

    More information at ... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779884.aspx

    (Only edit the registry if you know what you are doing)

    PhilT, Apr 17, 2009