    What will be the frequency of AGP4X?

    Is the frequency of PCI always kept to 66MHz?
    Any relationship between FSB and PCI?

    Jean, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Jean

    Lee Guest

    With some boards you can change the PCI and AGP fsb these are both linked
    with the FSB and are all on the North Bridge (or is that South Bridge) heh
    see your FSB is 100mhz and your PCI bus is 33mhz the PCI bus would be using
    a ratio of 1/4 i.e. FSB/PCI ratio=PCI bus speed this is the AGP has a
    slightly different formula if the FSB is 100mhz then the AGP ratio would be
    2/3 so math = 100*2/3=66.66
    Modern boards now can lock the AGP bus and PCI so that if you change the FSB
    the PCI and AGP always stay in sync. LOL that was fun! :)
    AGP1x 2x 4x etc refers to the amount of bandwidth the bus can carry i think
    AGP4x is like 1.2gb/s bandwidth or something.

    Lee, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Depends on the MB. Most of the newer ones have AGP and PCI locked
    allowing over clocking without having video cards and PCI devices
    fail.

    Sheldon Roger, Nov 3, 2003
  4. It depends entirely on the chipset. I can tell you that the AGP bus speed
    does not depend on the transfer rate (1X, 2X, 4X) in use, that only affects
    the number of transfers that take place on each clock cycle.

    Robert Hancock, Nov 4, 2003