    exactly does this setting control? If I increase this number will it
    increase the voltage at which my video card runs its core and/or
    memory?

    Jack F. Twist, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Jack F. Twist

    Paul Guest

    On an AGP motherboard, there is an AGP bus that runs between
    the Northbridge and the video card. The bus signals need a source
    of power. There are occasionally video cards, that are not happy
    with just 1.5V, and applying a little boost reduces the error rate
    to zero. To be honest with you, for the number of people who have
    played with that setting, I cannot remember too many cases where
    they actually got an observable benefit.

    That bus voltage is independent of the GPU core voltage and
    the graphics memory chip voltage. The AGP bus voltage should
    only be used between the Northbridge and the GPU, on the AGP
    bus signals.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 3, 2006