Remote Desktop Connection Problem to windows network

Discussion in 'Apple' started by sbw, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. sbw

    sbw Guest

    I wonder if someone can help me please. I have a mac powerbook g4
    operating osx 10.4.3 and have downloaded remote desktop connection from
    microsoft. I use the windows version of rdc to connect my home pc to
    work and that is fine however, I cannot get the mac version to work at
    all.

    I keep getting the message " The client could not connect to the remote
    computer. Either remote connections are not enabled, the maximum number
    of connections was exceeded, or a network error occurred......"

    I can connect ok from my mac to the internet through 'airport' via a
    router using safari or firefox and if I bring up a terminal session, I
    can successfully use 'traceroute' to the correct domain or ping the ip
    address.

    It seems to be just RDC that will not connect ok. I am afraid I am not
    very technically minded but would appreciate any assistance please.

    Simon

    sbw, Dec 21, 2005