    remote screens
    on my one screen?

    TIA

    SpreadTooThin, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Nudge!

    SpreadTooThin, Oct 14, 2006

  3. SpreadTooThin

    Bob Harris Guest

    Using what protocol? VNC, Apple Remote Desktop (based on VNC),
    Timbuktu, rdesktop, other?

    What remote desktop server is running the rmeote systems?

    What client software is running on your laptop?

    If VNC is the protocol, have you tried Chicken of the VNC as the
    client on your Laptop. I use this on my 14" 1024x768 laptop to
    display my work 1280x1024 work monitor without any shrinkage.

    Bob Harris

    Bob Harris, Oct 15, 2006
  4. Apple Remote Desktop client and server.
    Mac OS X 10.4.8
    Can I make my laptop screen a 'virtual' screen that is scrollable?
    ie .. The display can only support 1280 x 768 (or some thing like that)
    but can I make it 2048 x 768 and have it scroll left or right?
    Do you know what I mean?

    SpreadTooThin, Oct 15, 2006
  5. SpreadTooThin

    Bob Harris Guest

    I do not know about the Apple Remote Desktop client. I have only
    used VNC. I've used both The Apple Remote Desktop server on the
    remote (supports multiple heads) and OSXvnc (supports primary head
    only).

    I have never used the Apple Remote Desktop client. I generally
    use Chicken of the VNC. The Apple Remote Desktop server can be
    setup to allow VNC clients to connect.

    Using Chicken of the VNC, I have the choice of a window with
    scroll bars for seeing the larger remote screen, or I can go into
    Full Screen Mode (Cmd-Opt-Shift-Tilda) and then when the cursor
    touches the edge of the screen it automagically scrolls, so you
    can see much larger screens on the smaller laptop screen. I have
    also used TightVNC, but that requires using X11 and I have not
    played with that using remote screens larger than my ability to
    display locally.

    I have no idea if the Apple Remote Desktop Client can be
    configured to give you scroll bars or use screen edge auto
    scrolling.

    Chicken of the VNC

    OSXvnc
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/16699

    Changing Apple Remote Desktop to talk with VNC clients
    System Preferences -> Sharing -> Apple Remote Desktop
    Access Privileges...
    VNC viewers may control screen with password:

    Bob Harris

    Bob Harris, Oct 15, 2006