    What is the remote wake up on my setup and how to use it.

    I have a LAN of PCs and can I remote turn one on with this feature after it
    goes standby?

    Good Day, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Good Day

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    remote wakeup is also knows as Wake On Lan, or WOL.

    This is used by some network administrators to remotely power machines on
    when they are turned off. The reasons for doing this vary, but it normally
    has to do with remote software updates or other maintenance.

    Basically, you send a magic packet (WOL packet) from a management/deployment
    application to the machine, and when the NIC sees this, it powers the
    computer up.

    It can be useful, but there is quite a bit involved in setting up a
    completed system by which this is used.

    Cheers,

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Sep 6, 2003