    Can anyone confirm or offer some suggestions?

    Thanks..

    Dave C.

    David Ciemny, Apr 13, 2004

  2. These are the instructions I used on my D875PBZ. I found 100% alcohol at a
    drug store, and acetone at the hardware store.
    Quote (from Artic Silver)
    "Clean the mating surfaces completely with a low residual solvent
    (High-purity isopropyl alcohol or acetone will work) and a LINT FREE cloth.
    (i.e. lens cleaning cloth) If another thermal compound has previously been
    applied to the heatsink, the mounting surface should be thoroughly scrubbed
    and cleaned with a xylene based cleaner, (Goof Off and some carburetor
    cleaners) acetone, mineral spirits, or 99% pure isopropyl alcohol. It is
    important to keep the surfaces free of foreign materials and NOT to touch
    the surfaces (a hair, piece of lint, and even dead skin cells can
    significantly affect the thermal interfaces performance, especially on
    modern small core CPUs as the surface area is already severely limited). In
    addition, oils from your fingers can adversely affect the performance by
    preventing the micronized silver fill from directly contacting the metal
    surface. (Fingerprints can be as thick as 0.005")"

    Tony Linguini, Apr 13, 2004