    combinations of options in the bios, all of which seemed obvious but to no
    avail. Can anyone put me on the right track or better still lead me step by
    step through the conversion?

    Brian Griffin, Mar 23, 2009

  2. Brian Griffin

    OldMan Guest

    You cannot remove raid 0 you have to clean install your o/s & programs,
    setting your sys to none raid environment. Refer to your mobo manual, for
    none raid bios settings

    OldMan, Mar 23, 2009

  3. Hi Oldman, although at 57 myself perhaps I should say fellow old man.
    Thanks for the post, I'll investigate further and get back to you.
    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Mar 23, 2009
  4. Brian Griffin

    Onsokumaru Guest

    You should be able to create a disk image.

    Break RAID, then restore image to single disk, assuming it's on the same
    machine.

    I haven't done it with your particular chipset though.

    Onsokumaru, Mar 24, 2009
  5. Brian Griffin

    OldMan Guest

    I pre date you :(
    The other post (Image) is a good idea

    OldMan, Mar 24, 2009
  6. After several days of trial and error, I have (partially) done what I set
    out to do. To break the RAID, I had to CTRL+I to enter the ICH5R RAID
    utility, and used this to "break" the RAID or whatever the word was. After
    further trial and error, I have now got XP working on one of the drives that
    originally formed the RAID, unfortunately this drive is now labelled "I". I
    have copied an image of this drive to the other former RAID drive and
    labelled this drive "C". I went back into the BIOS to get it to boot from
    drive C, but changing the drive boot sequence did not have the desired
    effect but just changed over the names of the drives which I had given them.
    The computer still boots from drive I. How do I get it to boot from drive C,
    which is incidentally "active"?
    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Mar 28, 2009
  7. Brian Griffin

    Ganeshs

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    which OS do you have on your box ?

    Ganeshs, Mar 28, 2009
  8. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    While true please don't top post.

    ==========
    "Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each other. They
    slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse and cannot
    come to any sort of agreement in their teachings. Each sect brands its
    own, fills the head of its own with deceitful nonsense, and makes perfect
    little pigs of those it wins over to its side."
    [R.J.Hoffmann]

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009
  9. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Follow proper posting standards by not top posting.

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009
  10. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    First of all don'y top post. It messes up the attributions.

    You need to make the drive you want to boot from C: then do a fresh
    install on that drive.
    If you change the drive letter Windows will no longer boot.

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009