reordering font collection favorites

Discussion in 'Apple' started by mprater, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. mprater

    mprater Guest

    This is a minor annoyance, but...

    The fonts in my Font Panel "Favorites" collection are listed in the
    order that I added them. Unfortunately, I added them in the order that
    I first used them, and now I have about 15 to 20 that I use for various
    applications, all in a random order.

    Is there a way to reorder this listing? I didn't see a specific menu
    option to do this in the Fonts Panel, and I tried various
    shift-click-drag like operations without success.

    I found a non-ascii file in $HOME/Library/FontCollections called
    "com.apple.Favorites.collection" that appears to list my font favorites
    in that same random order, but I didn't see a safe way to edit it.

    One work-around option is to create new collections specific to a
    particular project, so the fonts used for Keynote (i.e. 32pt
    Chalkboard) are in a different personal collection than those used for
    TextEdit (i.e. 12pt Times). That's an idea, but I'd rather just change
    the sequence of the fonts already in my Favorites collection.

    Any suggestions? Thanks...

    -- Mark

    mprater, Dec 7, 2006

  2. mprater