    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I'd hate for my Macbook
    to die on me with 2 months to go.

    Suds

    Suds, Aug 9, 2007

  2. You need another Mac around, 1) connect your Macbook as external
    Firewire disk to this other Mac, 2) boot your Macbook in Target mode
    (press T when booting). You can then run Disk Utility on this other Mac
    and fix your disk.

    Michel Boudinot, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Suds

    Suds Guest

    First of all, thanks for all your advice everyone, I really appreciate
    it. One of the issues might be that my drive is not a firewire drive.
    I have one of the newer 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbooks with Mac OSX
    10.4.10 (latest update), can it boot from a USB 2.0 drive? And it
    sounds like I will have to purchase Super Duper to make a fully
    functional clone - is there a free way I can do it? Since a courier
    from Australia with my disks would probably cost around the same...

    Though at the moment it sounds like either finding another Mac or
    borrowing some disks are my only real options...

    Suds, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Suds

    David B Funk Guest

    [snip..]

    Download & install AppleJack (http://applejack.sourceforge.net/)

    It will provide you a safe method to do the fsck as well as other
    maintanence & cleanup operations (such as cleaning finder caches
    which is another possible cause of sluggish operation).

    David B Funk, Aug 16, 2007