    know which fan to order based on model number (T61), because thinkpads
    use a variety of non-standard connectors for the fan.

    Is that true?

    Nomen Nescio, Jun 21, 2012

  2. It may or may not be true, but why not get the FRU fan directly from Lenovo?
    Your owner's manual should tell you where to call to order the part,
    yourself. When I broke the keyboard on my R51 series, I called IBM, they
    hooked me up with Lenovo, and I had a new keyboard in two days. (Would've
    been the next day, except that the DHL dummy said he couldn't find me.) If
    you think you'll save money by not going through IBM and Lenovo, you
    actually might, if you can find a compatible part. But, the malarkey you'll
    go through trying to find it is just not something I'd want to put myself
    through.

    Tom Rutherford, Jun 22, 2012

  3. I just had the fan on my Z61M replaced. It was ordered on the basis of
    the model name and arrived from Hong Kong within 7 working days.

    AC

    --
    Anthony Campbell -
    http://www.acampbell.org.uk

    Anthony Campbell, Dec 4, 2012
  4. Peachy. I had to replace the keyboard on my R51 series, and if the DHL
    driver hadn't been an idiot, I'd have got it the very day after I'd called.
    I think it came from Atlanta, Georgia, but still, that was pretty good, I
    thought.

    Tom Rutherford, Dec 4, 2012