    northbridge fan or it failing altogether. Should I just go ahead and
    take the stock hsf off and replace it with the Zalman ZM-NB47J and use
    passive cooling from the get-go?

    mort, May 23, 2005

  2. mort

    Mark A Guest

    If you have adequate airflow in the case, I would replace it now (much
    easier to do before you install mb). If you want, you can rig a 80mm slow
    speed fan attached to drive cage (zip ties, foam, etc) to blow some air on
    it. You an turn most 12V fans into a low speed fan by connected it to the 5V
    leads from the Molex, but check to make sure that it starts OK at 5V.

    Mark A, May 23, 2005