    option of SATA which counts out the lesser spec'd variants, this seems
    to point to the well priced VIA A7V600-X. Possible alternatives to Asus
    seem to be MSI. Anyone got any thoughts on a suitable replacement?

    Let them eat beef, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Let them eat beef

    BUFF Guest

    ABIT NF7-S V2.0 is on special at Scan over the weekend - £53 inc VAT.

    BUFF, Aug 28, 2004

  3. BUFF - typed:
    Thanks for that but the NF7-S2G lacks a horrid little NB fan & appears
    to be cheaper. I'm reading up on the Asus A7V880 as well.

    Let them eat beef, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Um where talking about the NF7-S 2.0 ? not the NF7-S2g differnt board
    =mate :)

    HELLO NURSE.

    Orbital Defence, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Orbital Defence - typed:
    As I've been finding out from threads on the Abit group :) I could
    always prise off my Zalman NB hs & fit it on a NF7-S 2.0 as it glues on.
    Forgot I'd removed the NB fan/hs & for the amount of heat generated, I
    could have saved myself the effort 'cos I could just removed the fan
    header for adequate cooling. The Abit may be a different matter of
    course.

    Let them eat beef, Aug 31, 2004