  1. MK

    Tauno Voipio Guest

    There is a special version of GDB, kgdb for kernel debugging.

    Tauno Voipio, May 19, 2014

  2. MK

    Les Cargill Guest

    Assuming it's even possible... seems like it might be...
    http://www.linux.com/learn/linux-tr...e-corner-kernel-and-module-debugging-with-gdb

    I find Eclipse/GDB tedious and don't use them. This way,
    all my debug cruft is available should i need it at a site.

    I'd rather pull the code out and run it in a test harness
    on a workstation for unit test, then put the code into a driver
    module. Yeah, I'll spend some time making test vectors
    and updating them from inferred or logged operation of the driver.

    Les Cargill, May 24, 2014