replacement battery for HP zd8000?

Discussion in 'HP' started by ruzicka, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. ruzicka

    ruzicka Guest

    Just wanted to find out if anyone here has tried any of the 3rd-party
    (non-HP) replacement batteries in a zd8000 laptop. While the original
    battery (#374762-001), as well as the replacement (#DP390A) have a capacity
    of 2.0 Ah (2000 mAh), it seems that some of the 3rd-party replacement
    batteries are rated as high as 6.6 Ah (6600 mAh). That could mean more than
    triple the usage time on a single full charge! And for an energy hog like
    the zd8000, that really interests me. Some of the batteries can be seen
    here:

    ntelligentbatteries.com
    http://www.intelligentbatteries.com/order.asp?ID=N007ZZZZ491

    global-batteries
    http://www.global-batteries.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_31/products_id/1849

    fedco
    http://www.fedcoelectronics.com/detail.tpl?SKU=L18650-12ZRX&_fid=10103

    I've also seen some of these batteries on eBay.

    P.S. anyone know anything about this car adapter, which supposedly works
    with a zd8000?
    car adapter from sterlingtek
    http://www.sterlingtek.com/caradforalll.html

    ruzicka, Oct 15, 2005

  2. ruzicka

    Bruce Burden Guest

    : Just wanted to find out if anyone here has tried any of the 3rd-party
    : (non-HP) replacement batteries in a zd8000 laptop. While the original
    : battery (#374762-001), as well as the replacement (#DP390A) have a capacity
    : of 2.0 Ah (2000 mAh),
    :
    Not sure what you are talking about. My original battery
    is 6.6 Ah, same as the ones you seem to think are double.

    Bruce

    Bruce Burden, Oct 15, 2005

  3. ruzicka

    ruzicka Guest

    Well, I'll admit that that's interesting. According to HP tech support, all
    OEM batteries (#374762-001) in zd8000's only have a 2.0Ah capacity, as to
    the DP390A replacement batteries. Again, that's according to more than one
    HP tech support person, as well as spec info available on the website.

    What model/product number battery do you have?

    Paul

    ruzicka, Oct 15, 2005
  4. ruzicka

    Bruce Burden Guest

    :
    : Well, I'll admit that that's interesting. According to HP tech support, all
    : OEM batteries (#374762-001) in zd8000's only have a 2.0Ah capacity, as to
    : the DP390A replacement batteries.
    :
    Hmmm. When you go to the zd8000 page on HP.shopping, it is
    listed as a 6.6 Ah battery. And, your number above is what I
    have on my tag, as best as I can tell (the first 4 looks to be
    rubbing on something, and is a little difficult to read).

    Not sure I would pay too much attention to what the techies
    say, at least until you get past the first couple of levels.

    Bruce

    Bruce Burden, Oct 16, 2005
  5. ruzicka

    ruzicka Guest

    From the HP website:
    Part List
    Price
    (USD) Core
    Charge
    (USD) Net
    Price
    (USD) Qty Select
    all
    Clear
    all

    374762-001
    14.4V battery pack - 2.0Ah, 12-cell, lithium-ion (Li-Ion) -
    Rechargeable

    ruzicka, Oct 16, 2005
  6. ruzicka

    nevadaneil Guest

    I use a 300 watt inverter you can P/U at walimart or any truck stop
    for 20 to 50 $

    nevadaneil, Nov 6, 2005
  7. ruzicka

    KansasUser Guest

    As something of a nontechie relative to batteries or inverters, coul
    you please tell me what an inverter does? Is it superior to finding
    bigger battery? Is it awkward or blocking to the use of the laptop?
    have a zd7000 and my battery will only work for about an hour and
    half without the power cord. I will appreciate any thoughts you ma
    have

    KansasUser, Nov 7, 2005