    a 2 pin connector. The 2 pin connector on this fan I got from Newegg
    is larger than the old one. Now what? Is there some way to exchange
    the connectors on the 2 fans?

    finding z0, Feb 22, 2007

  2. finding z0

    dave Guest

    Simple. Cut the connectors off about an inch up the wires and put the old
    connector on the new fan. You can strip back the wires a little and simply
    twist the bare wires together and wrap up each with electrical tape. The
    best way would be to use a soldering iron and solder the wires together and
    seal the connections with shrink tubing but the quick and dirty method
    should work just fine.

    DaveL

    dave, Feb 22, 2007

  3. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    I might just do that. Thanks
    When I bought the fan my choices were 2 pin or 3 pin. Not small 2 pin
    or larger 2 pin. What gives?

    finding z0, Feb 22, 2007
  4. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    Epox said to just lift the paper backing on the original fan and oil
    it, so that's what I did (3 in1 oil) and it's just fine (for another
    couple of years at least)!!

    finding z0, Apr 11, 2007