    cooling silencer? If I go for this route, how hard is it to remove the stock
    heatsink/fan?

    THANKS!

    Jonathan Fidelis, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Jonathan Fidelis

    Sean Cousins Guest

    No, you can't just replace the fan as it is a special design. I
    suggest you get one of these and run it with the 5v mod setting that
    Zalman provides. This is what I use on my X800XL and it's a lot
    quieter than the stock HSF and cools a bit better too.
    http://www.us.ncix.com/products/ind...nufacture=ZALMAN TECH&nocookie=1&membership=0

    Sean Cousins, Jan 31, 2006