    gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
    would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

    Thanks

    Buzz, Jun 23, 2005

  2. Buzz

    Kevin Guest

    The 9300 is an awesome unit! I just took delivery of mine last week and I
    love it. It is heavy, but it's not meant to be a "thin and light" laptop.

    Kevin, Jun 23, 2005

  3. Buzz

    BigJim Guest

    whatever one you get and this is just a suggestion
    a pentium 4 mobil processor is the way to go.
    I have a 600m and it is great, small and light.
    It has a p4 m 1.6, 512meg and a 32 meg video card.

    BigJim, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Buzz

    Tweek Guest

    Splitting hairs her, but your system has the Pentium M, a completely
    different cpu from the Pentium 4-M and a much better cpu all around.

    Tweek, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Buzz

    Tom Scales Guest

    I too have the 9300. It is very, very big. I like it a lot, but wouldn't
    buy it if I was going to actually carry it out of the house very often. I
    have a Thinkpad X40 (2.9 pounds) for that.

    You might want to look at the current model that isn't the 17" wide screen
    (is that the 8600?).

    I highly recommend the Dell Outlet (outlet.dell.com). I bought my very well
    configured 9300 for $1240.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 23, 2005
  6. Buzz

    Dennis Guest

    Dennis, Jun 23, 2005
  7. Buzz

    Dan Guest

    Maybe you could extend the warranty. Screen replacement is an easy 30
    minutes for a tech :)

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 24, 2005